Here’s an overview of what I’m able to advise on and help you with. If you’re a musician / artist / songwriter, you may find the first two sections more helpful. For brands and businesses, head to the third section.
– Learn how to release your own record independently and what you’ll need to do so.
– Discuss which reliable distribution and publishing services to use, including collection societies like PRS for Music.
– Understand the key copyrights you’ll need to protect when releasing music.
– Discuss sensible deals for collaborating with other musicians / writers / producers.
– Get set up to collect your royalties and understand where that revenue comes from
(including sales, streaming, publishing and sync).
– Learn how to monetize your music.
Music Promotion & Social Media
– Types of content you’ll need for successful promo campaign.
– Optimise and grow social media channels.
– Marketing timelines: how and when to post most effectively.
– Approaching influential music blogs.
– Optimising streaming and pitching for playlists.
– Pitching for radio.
– Live performances / venues.
– Starting a successful YouTube channel.
If you are planning to spend additional money to push your release, we can also look at:
– Facebook Ads Manager: where, when and how to spend money on Facebook and Instagram.
– YouTube Pre-Roll: these are the adverts that pop up ahead of YouTube videos.
For Brands and Businesses
If music releases aren’t quite your thing but you’ve got a creative brand or project on the go, you’re likely to benefit heavily from digital marketing.
Together we can cover:
– Social Media strategy / management – (with full use of backend platforms e.g. Facebook for Business)
– Advanced Google Analytics reporting
– Custom sales data reporting
– Budget management
– Google Ads (prev. AdWords) PPC Advertising setup and monitoring. This can include advertising on Google search, display, video and shopping networks.
– Engaging copywriting for email campaigns, social media channels, blogs, websites or event pages.
– WordPress website management
– Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing
– Creating custom HTML email campaigns in Mailchimp
– Eventbrite setup and backend use for event ticket sales and listings
– CRM management (where applicable)
– Image edits / design for social media (Adobe Photoshop Elements)
– Basic video editing (Final Cut Pro)
How does this all work?
I tailor every consultancy session specifically to your needs and charge by the hour. Sessions can cover anything from the above lists and I’ll ask you to brief me with extra information ahead of our meeting.
For availability, questions and rates, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get talking.